Thursday, July 30, 2015

An unrealistic summer reading list

The Patterson School's 2015 summer reading list, linked by Farley here, strikes me as unrealistic in the sense that I don't know who except for a speed reader is actually going to plow through every word of eight pretty hefty books (one of which is Piketty, btw) in the space of a month or two.  The prefatory note says something like: "get an iPadAir2 and take advantage of your spare hour or two at the beach or in the mountains."  Ok, whatever you say.  The inclusion on the list of Bass's The Blood Telegram is interesting; I reviewed a book on the same subject, Raghavan's 1971, on this blog some time ago (here).  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm also not buying that "In the 21st Century" is a subtitle of Piketty's book, rather than part of the title. [Crosses Patterson School off list.]

LFC said...

I noticed that too, TBA, but it's a v. minor slip, I think. (Still, good eye on your part.)

Anonymous said...

Any frail excuse to ignore a list of yet *more* books to read, must be seized with both hands.

LFC said...

I hear ya.

I've got a couple at the moment lined up in the to-read queue.

Zoey said...

Niice blog post